Monday, October 20, 2008

Things I miss

So I'm a little bored here in the apartment and was thinking of all the things I miss, but will get back to in a few days.  I thought I'd clue everyone in.  First and most important is the boys! Here's the rest in no particular order... church, MOPS, friends, my bed, my kitchen, going outside without 3 layers on and then having to take them all off when entering a store or restaurant b/c it 100 degrees inside, flipflops, shorts, light switches inside the room, the sun, my car, going to the grocery store and buying more than 3 things at a time, real milk, strawberries, lettuce, my couch, tv, making a simple phone call, people that smile and have manners, my personal space, hot chocolate, clean drinking water, chips and salsa, recognizable meat, not fearing my life every time I get in a car or cross the street, the sun (yes, I said that twice), washer and dryer (mostly dryer), clothes that aren't dirty or clean-but crunchy, being able to control the temperature of the room (here its centralized heat by city sections so when they decide to turn it on, its on for everyone),  Fox News, water pressure, seatbelts, wash clothes and/or loofas, toys to entertain a 2 year old, being able to order at a restaurant without using makeshift sign language, large trash cans, ice, my closet, high chairs, Charmin, wheelchair ramps- that's all I can think of for now.
Seriously though, I have really enjoyed a lot of our time here.  I like living close to stuff and being able to walk around to stores and restaurants.  Both cities are beautiful to look at.  It's kind of fun having a husband who doesn't have a job.  Mostly I've had my fill of adventure and am ready for my mundane life back.
On a total side note, I saw this t-shirt that I want.  It said "Hyperbole is the best thing ever!"  I think I may be getting a little slap happy :)

No comments: