Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Packing

So normally I am one of those pack way ahead and recheck 3 times before leaving kind of people, but somehow I am not feeling the motivation to do it.  Instead I'm here playing on the computer.  I did do all the laundry yesterday and a bunch of ironing today, so now there's a big pile of clothes on my bed that I will have to move before sleeping.  Doubt it will make it to my suitcase, though.  Usually I have to pack for 5, so I'm not sure why this has me stumped.  Maybe its the length of the trip or the location... I have a 6 page itinerary but still don't have a firm grasp on what most of it means :)  


On a different note, someone said to make sure I was "prepared spiritually".  Not totally sure what that means, but I am obviously praying a ton and reading my bible.  Can we ever really be prepared to visit the Holy Land, to walk where Jesus walked, to see places I always thought I would only read about?  So today I decided to do some "spiritual packing"!  Here are a few verses I found...


John 14:21 "Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”


Those of you who know our story over the last few years, know that we have been so obedient and yet I still don't feel that I know why everything happened. (Yes, I need to see the whys!) I am praying that God will do some revealing on this trip and I will come back with a better understanding.


Ezekiel 40:2,4  In a vision from God he took me to the land of Israel and set me down on a very high mountain. From there I could see toward the south what appeared to be a city... He said to me, “Son of man, watch and listen. Pay close attention to everything I show you. You have been brought here so I can show you many things. Then you will return to the people of Israel and tell them everything you have seen.”


So this one I just liked because he is actually seeing Israel in a vision.  So I will watch, listen, and pay very close attention to what He has to show me on this trip.  And then I will tell you all about it!


Enough rambling for one night.  MUST GO PACK!

No comments: