Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moving on

Ah, Internet in bed. Most of the hotels so far have only had Internet in the lobby so I've had to stay up late and do my blogging or talk to the family. Did I mention we are in our 5th hotel of the trip. But this one has a view! We are right on the Sea of Galilee. In fact, we swam in it tonight. It was a little chilly, but I'm proud to say I was the first one in :) As for the rest of the day, we saw the Jordan River pretty close to where it dumps in the Dead Sea so it's got lots of pesticides and stuff in it. I did stick a toe in though. It also can hardly be called a river! Way to small. I can't remember the name of it right now, but we also visited the springs where Gideon had the men drink to narrow down the number. At both these places the Rabbi did a teaching. It's so surreal to be sitting somewhere and then reading about it in the Bible. The Rabbi has crammed as much as he can into this trip. He warned us it was a study trip not a sightseeing and he was right. It feels more like boot camp or maybe Survivor! We stop at many other places in the day but I'm just trying to hit the big stuff. Pretty much the whole time we are driving in the bus the Rabbi or the tour guide are talking/teaching. I wish I could say I'm absorbing it all but there's no way. I wish I'd brought one of those little recording devices so i could go back and listen. Several people have them. My mom has been furiously taking notes and I'm the photographer. Only 4 days left!

No comments: